Gears of War 4 is almost here. Can’t wait until October 11th? We have good news: you can get your Gears fix with a very special livestream today. Here’s more from Xbox Wire’s Will Tuttle:
On October 11th, a new saga for one of gaming’s most celebrated franchises will kick off with the worldwide launch of Gears of War 4. To commemorate this special event, we’re inviting fans around the world to join the festivities by tuning into Gears of War 4: Live, a live broadcast that begins at 3 PM PT (10 PM UTC) on Wednesday, October 5th.
Ninety digital copies of the Gears of War 4: Ultimate Edition will be given away during the 90-minute broadcast, allowing winners to play four days before the game’s worldwide launch on October 11th.
Hosted by Paul Scheer (The League, Children’s Hospital), Jessica Chobot (Nerdist News), Larry Hryb (Xbox Live’s Major Nelson), Scott Robison (Mr. Sark), and Justine Ezarik (iJustine), the broadcast will feature interviews with the game’s creators, including The Coalition Studio Head Rod Fergusson, as well as behind-the-scenes featurettes, exclusive gameplay, a special project by British inventor Colin Furze, and the reveal of hip-hop phenoms Run the Jewels’ in-game multiplayer characters.
The livestream will be broadcast on Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox.com, YouTube, Twitch, Facebook and Beam. At the Gears Art exhibition this Saturday, October 1st, invites will be distributed to fans to join the studio audience for the Gears of War 4: Live broadcast on October 5th.
Tune in for Exclusive Gameplay, Special Featurettes and Announcements
The Gears of War 4: Live broadcast will connect millions of fans around the world, allowing viewers to watch, comment and virtually participate. The program lineup includes:
- Run the Jewels Make Their Gears of War 4 debut. Renowned hip-hop duo Killer-Mike and El-P join The Coalition Studio Head Rod Fergusson to premiere the first look at their in-game multiplayer characters.
- Voice Actors’ Round Table. Join the voices behind JD Fenix and Kait Diaz – Liam McIntyre (Spartacus, The Flash) and Laura Bailey (Halo 5: Guardians, Final Fantasy XIII) – as they talk about the story of Gears of War 4 and how they approached the challenge of bringing a new generation of heroes to life for one of gaming’s most iconic franchises.
- Recreating a Gears Lancer. Renowned YouTube creator Colin Furze offers an inside peek at how he created a real-life version of Gears of War’s iconic weapon.
- Gears of War: State of the Universe. Since our last installment of Gears, a lot has happened on Sera. This retrospective piece will run fans through the entire story to refresh and whet fans’ appetite for the first chapter of a new Gears saga.
- Gears Ink 2.0. Join tattoo artist Steve Soto as he inks a member of the Gears of War team live during the show.
- The Art of War. Exclusive behind-the-scenes look at a special exhibition at the Nucleus Gallery in Los Angeles, featuring never-before-seen images from the Gears of War universe including concept art from Gears of War 4 and original artwork inspired by the series.
- Gears Cosplay. An inside look at how some of the most dedicated and passionate Gears fans in the world created some of the most stunningly intricate and authentic costumes you’ve ever seen.
- Treesicle. An exploration of the deeper side of Gears of War’s lore, highlighting the history of the planet Sera and the genocide of the Locust.
- PAX “First to 50” Competition Highlights. Relive all the best moments from the “First to 50” competition at PAX Prime as guests from Xbox and two superstar squads – captained by GoldGlove and FemSteph, and comprised of players including Actabunnifoofoo, SoVindictive, GuyBlaze, VernNotice, Falloutt, ImCoty, LucyMaeGames and Crream – compete to survive 50 brutal waves of the all-new Horde 3.0 mode.
Following the Gears of War 4: Live broadcast, fans can check out a special 90-minute “post-show” livestream on all the channels that carried the broadcast, including Twitch. The post-show program will feature creator commentary, live gameplay, and an eSports exhibition.
- Gears of War eSports Live Showcase – OpTic Gaming vs Infinity. In a battle of Gears eSports titans, the current top ranked team and a famed legacy top ranked team face off in a live competition to see who will dominate in Gears of War 4’s new heart-pounding competitive mode, Escalation.